|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / src / usr.bin / make / Makefile (download)
Revision 1.57, Sat Jul 5 19:22:05 2014 UTC (2 years, 7 months ago) by dholland
CVS Tags: tls-maxphys-base, tls-earlyentropy-base, netbsd-7-nhusb-base-20170116, netbsd-7-nhusb-base, netbsd-7-nhusb, netbsd-7-base, netbsd-7-1-RC2, netbsd-7-1-RC1, netbsd-7-0-RELEASE, netbsd-7-0-RC3, netbsd-7-0-RC2, netbsd-7-0-RC1, netbsd-7-0-2-RELEASE, netbsd-7-0-1-RELEASE, netbsd-7-0, netbsd-7
Changes since 1.56: +1 -3
Update the <bsd.doc.mk> infrastructure, and update the docs to match
the new infrastructure.
- Build and install text, ps, pdf, and/or html, not roff sources.
- Don't wire the chapter numbers into the build system, or use them in
the installed pathnames. This didn't matter much when the docs were a
museum, but now that we're theoretically going to start maintaining
them again, we're going to add and remove documents periodically and
having the chapter numbers baked in creates a lot of thrashing for no
- Specify the document name explicitly, rather than implicitly in a
path. Use this name (instead of other random strings) as the name
of the installed files.
- Specify the document section, which is the subdirectory of
/usr/share/doc to install into.
- Allow multiple subdocuments. (That is, multiple documents in one
- Enumerate the .png files groff emits along with html so they can be
- Remove assorted hand-rolled rules for running roff and roff widgetry
and add enough variable settings to make these unnecessary. This
includes support for
- explicit use of soelim
- Forcibly apply at least minimal amounts of sanity to certain
autogenerated roff files.
- Don't exclude USD.doc, SMM.doc, and PSD.doc directories from the
build, as they now actually do stuff.
Note: currently we can't generate pdf. This turns out to be a
nontrivial problem with no immediate solution forthcoming. So for now,
as a workaround, install compressed .ps as the printable form.