|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / src / sys / rump / TODO (download)
Revision 1.9, Tue Jan 8 13:45:28 2013 UTC (3 years, 6 months ago) by pooka
CVS Tags: yamt-pagecache-base8, riastradh-drm2-base2, riastradh-drm2-base1, riastradh-drm2-base, riastradh-drm2, khorben-n900, agc-symver-base, agc-symver
Branch point for: rmind-smpnet
Changes since 1.8: +16 -10
Update a bit. yay, this file isn't completely append-only!
$NetBSD: TODO,v 1.9 2013/01/08 13:45:28 pooka Exp $
* integrate build framework with config(1) to stop the need to
maintain a separate build infrastructure. the remaining step
is to rewrite the Makefiles to use source file lists generated
with config(1) (where possible)
+ this will also benefit kernel modules
+ the patch to config(1) exists but is not in-tree. remaining work is
modifications to files.*
* find a better solution for rumpdefs.h, the sed "solution"
doesn't really scale nicely
+ something toolchain-based?
* make it possible for kernel components to define private hypercalls.
the implementation is trivial (just do it), but the build system makes
things very difficult (if you want to find out why, just try it).
* the .a semantics do not make sense for rump kernel components.
additionally, they cannot be loaded as modules since they are
ar's instead of elf objects. make the build produce and use elf
objects instead of archives
* cleanup remaining uses of __ in the kernel
* rump_syscalls.c in librump should be compiled in the client
namespace, not the rump kernel namespace. while technically trivial,
the build system makes this quite difficult. one option for "cheating"
would be to put it into librumpuser which is always available for
local clients (per definition of local client).
* add autoconf support to librumpuser to clean up the #ifdef acrobatics
and fix some of the issues that cannot be handled purely with static
ifdefs (autoconf to be used for non-native builds only)