|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / src / sys / ddb / TODO (download)
Revision 1.3, Sat Jun 17 05:57:41 2000 UTC (20 years, 4 months ago) by jhawk
CVS Tags: netbsd-1-5-base, netbsd-1-5-RELEASE, netbsd-1-5-PATCH003, netbsd-1-5-PATCH002, netbsd-1-5-PATCH001, netbsd-1-5-BETA2, netbsd-1-5-BETA, netbsd-1-5-ALPHA2, netbsd-1-5
Branch point for: minoura-xpg4dl
Changes since 1.2: +2 -2
In db_command(), fix indentation and add a missing db_skip_to_eol() which
previously caused the next command following a ","-style repitition
to not be properly executed.
$NetBSD: TODO,v 1.3 2000/06/17 05:57:41 jhawk Exp $
In rough order.
Bugs to be fixed:
done command history sometimes gets slightly confused
2. uvm_fault()s can loop infinitely (kern/10016)
3. examine /m (hex + character dump) doesn't work.
4. "dot", "next", and "last" are not set properly and are usually
5. The vax port supporst decimal pids in "kill", etc. This should be
MI or not exist at all.
6. double-quote delimitted strings don't work in "print", nor do
multiple arguments (like the manpage says)
Features to be implemented:
1. Have "ps" print pids with a 0t prefix to reduce radix
2. "set" should display the old value as "write" does.
3. Support 64-bit longs in "write". /L or /q? both? long versus quad?
4. Note only some radixes are supported.
5. Allow a mechanism for DDB to not fail under X (on the i386).
Probably just skip DDB in such cases.
6. Enable DDB in GENERIC on all architectures not starved for
7. Numbers starting with [a-f] should work, but symbols
of the same name should have priority.
8. Implement the unimplemented C operators, especially bitwise-OR (|).
9. "cond" -- conditionally execute a specified command on a breakpoint.
10. macros ("macro", "dmacro", "show macro"). from Mach.
11. !! command repitition (mostly unnecessary, just for consistency).
12. "continue" should honor _count as a number of breakpoints to ignore,
just as ",5:c" ignores 5 breakpoints in adb.
13. There should be a "step over" command (like :e in adb) that sets
a breakpoint at the next instruction if the current instruction
is a call (or jump?).
14. Specification of up to 4 ASCII chars as a 32-bit number
in an expression, like ' in adb:
'cccc' ASCII value of up to 4 characters.
I'm not sure what character to use for this, if the single-quote
is used for ditto, and the double-quote for strings in "print".
15. Add crossreference of gdb/ddb commands to manpage. i.e.
ddb "next" ~= gdb "finish".
16. Correct "ditto" to be a single-quote? Or something else?
17. option? To not lose system time when in ddb [reset clock on exit?]
18. Consider an XSERVER_DDB option [is it worth it?]
19. Eliminate vestigal DDB-specific kprintf() format specifiers
20. Figure out what's up with "ed_style"
21. Some sort of "immediate" step-in, step-over keybindings, like [
and ] in kadb (but not in adb):
[ Like :e in adb(1), but requires only one keys-
troke and no RETURN character.
] Like :s in adb(1), but requires only one keys-
troke and no RETURN character.
Does this make people queasy?
22. "search" should display useful output (by default? with /v?)
indicating success/failure rather than simply setting "dot".
Perhaps verbose by default unless called from a macro (ugh?).
23. kern/9544, some symbolic representation of boot flags
suitable for documentation (esp. for RB_NOSYNC).
24. Soren requests in-band symbol table storage for ddb.
"dbsym"? Needs investigation/thought.
25. Support multiple address spaces (e.g. io space).
Suggested by eeh in <Pine.NEB.4.21.0005250944210.25299-100000@ehorvath>
26. Expand help to provide usage/synopsis per-command.
27. Ensure MD commands have consistent names and factor out