|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / src / sbin / dump / snapshot.h (download)
Revision 184.108.40.206.4.1, Sat Nov 11 21:31:47 2006 UTC (12 years, 11 months ago) by bouyer
CVS Tags: netbsd-3-1-1-RELEASE
Changes since 220.127.116.11: +4 -3
Pull up following revision(s) (requested by hannken in ticket #1573):
sbin/dump/snapshot.h: revision 1.3 via patch
sbin/dump/snapshot.c: revision 1.3 via patch
sbin/dump/main.c: revision 1.63 via patch
sbin/dump/tape.c: revision 1.47 via patch
sbin/dump/dump.h: revision 1.44 via patch
When using a snapshot take the snapshot raw device on further open.
Fixes PR #34923 dump(8) only dumps a corefile with -X (snapshots)
Approved by: Manuel Bouyer <email@example.com>
/* $NetBSD: snapshot.h,v 18.104.22.168.4.1 2006/11/11 21:31:47 bouyer Exp $ */
* Copyright (c) 2005 The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
* All rights reserved.
* This code is derived from software contributed to The NetBSD Foundation
* by Juergen Hannken-Illjes.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
* must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed by the NetBSD
* Foundation, Inc. and its contributors.
* 4. Neither the name of The NetBSD Foundation nor the names of its
* contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
* from this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE NETBSD FOUNDATION, INC. AND CONTRIBUTORS
* ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
* TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FOUNDATION OR CONTRIBUTORS
* BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
* INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
* CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
* POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
* Create a snapshot of the file system currently mounted on the first argument
* using the second argument as backing store and return an open file
* descriptor for the snapshot. If the second argument is NULL, use the first
* as backing store. If the third argument is not NULL, it gets the time the
* snapshot was created. If the fourth argument is not NULL, it gets the
* snapshot device path.
int snap_open(char *, char *, time_t *, char **);