|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / src / lib / libutil / pidfile.c (download)
Revision 1.2, Sun Jun 6 17:31:09 1999 UTC (20 years, 10 months ago) by thorpej
CVS Tags: wrstuden-devbsize-base, wrstuden-devbsize-19991221, wrstuden-devbsize, netbsd-1-5-base, netbsd-1-5-RELEASE, netbsd-1-5-PATCH003, netbsd-1-5-PATCH002, netbsd-1-5-PATCH001, netbsd-1-5-BETA2, netbsd-1-5-BETA, netbsd-1-5-ALPHA2, netbsd-1-5, minoura-xpg4dl-base, minoura-xpg4dl, comdex-fall-1999-base, comdex-fall-1999
Changes since 1.1: +6 -8
Use asprintf(3), as suggested by Simon Burge.
/* $NetBSD: pidfile.c,v 1.2 1999/06/06 17:31:09 thorpej Exp $ */
* Copyright (c) 1999 The NetBSD Foundation, Inc.
* All rights reserved.
* This code is derived from software contributed to The NetBSD Foundation
* by Jason R. Thorpe.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* 3. All advertising materials mentioning features or use of this software
* must display the following acknowledgement:
* This product includes software developed by the NetBSD
* Foundation, Inc. and its contributors.
* 4. Neither the name of The NetBSD Foundation nor the names of its
* contributors may be used to endorse or promote products derived
* from this software without specific prior written permission.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE NETBSD FOUNDATION, INC. AND CONTRIBUTORS
* ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED
* TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR
* PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE FOUNDATION OR CONTRIBUTORS
* BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR
* CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF
* SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE, DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS
* INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN
* CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE)
* ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE
* POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
#if defined(LIBC_SCCS) && !defined(lint)
__RCSID("$NetBSD: pidfile.c,v 1.2 1999/06/06 17:31:09 thorpej Exp $");
static char *pidfile_path;
static void pidfile_cleanup __P((void));
extern const char *__progname; /* from crt0.o */
const char *basename;
if (pidfile_path != NULL)
if (basename == NULL)
basename = __progname;
/* _PATH_VARRUN includes trailing / */
(void) asprintf(&pidfile_path, "%s%s.pid", _PATH_VARRUN, basename);
if (pidfile_path == NULL)
if ((f = fopen(pidfile_path, "w")) == NULL)
(void) fprintf(f, "%d\n", getpid());
if (pidfile_path != NULL)