|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / src / doc / Attic / TODO.sanitizers (download)
Revision 1.11, Sun Mar 10 12:59:03 2019 UTC (23 months, 3 weeks ago) by kamil
CVS Tags: phil-wifi-20191119, phil-wifi-20190609, netbsd-9-base, netbsd-9-1-RELEASE, netbsd-9-0-RELEASE, netbsd-9-0-RC2, netbsd-9-0-RC1, netbsd-9
Changes since 1.10: +2 -7
Sync TODO.sanitizers with reality
Mark compiler-rt sanitizers as imported into src/, but still not
integrated (waiting for Clang/LLVM upgrade to 8.0 or newer).
ESan has been discontinued upstream, drop from plans.
lld ported to NetBSD by <mgorny>, but we need to keep local patches.
Mark kernel-msan as finished for Linux
Mark syzkaller and KCOV as finished projects.
Sanitizer and related tasks.
- compiler-rt sanitizers integration with base
- merge TSan, MSan and libFuzzer ATF tests
- prepare MKSANITIZER readme
- handle fts_open(3) compar callback in sanitizers (use TLS to store
the real callback and call a wrapper that will [un]poison appropriate
- improve the framework for ioctl(2) database and handle special cases when a
part of a struct can be uninitialized and passed to the kernel (MSan)
- port or finish the port of:
- finish the research of a new syscall for StopTheWorld() operation
ptrace(2) style for self-introspection and debugging (LSan)
- port HWASan -- aarch64 specific, needs hardware or emulator
- make MKSANITIZER usable with any supported by a compiler combination of
- pkgsrc integration with sanitizers and MKSANITIZER (PKGSANITIZER?)
- port what possible to !amd64
- fixes with the signal code
- attach a NetBSD buildbot testing build of compiler-rt and executing tests
- make compiler-rt buildable with GCC
- finish the support of float128 for Clang/LLVM/libstdc++/libgcc
- merge of the libFuzzer integration with the basesystem
- oom-killer ATF tests and fixes
- utime(3) allow changing actime regardless of noatime mount property
- NetBSD tar: handle character escaping in file names (\\ \), needed in
- kernel-msan https://github.com/google/kmsan
- kernel-tsan? upstream development is stalled with patches for Linux 4.2
- kernel-safestack? implemented in Fuchsia/Magenta