|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / src / doc / Attic / TODO.ptrace (download)
Revision 1.31, Fri Jun 14 16:11:11 2019 UTC (19 months ago) by kamil
CVS Tags: phil-wifi-20191119, netbsd-9-base, netbsd-9-1-RELEASE, netbsd-9-0-RELEASE, netbsd-9-0-RC2, netbsd-9-0-RC1, netbsd-9, is-mlppp-base, is-mlppp
Changes since 1.30: +1 -5
Drop compat32 entries as they were mostly addressed.
Drop MD specific calls, it's up to port's CPU to contain various features
$NetBSD: TODO.ptrace,v 1.31 2019/06/14 16:11:11 kamil Exp $
Items we (currently) plan to finish in the ptrace(2) field:
- verify ppid of core dump generated with PT_DUMPCORE
it must point to the real parent, not tracer
- adapt OpenBSD regress test (regress/sys/ptrace/ptrace.c) for the ATF context
- reiterate over FreeBSD tests and add missing ones if applicable
- add PT_DUMPCORE tests in the ATF framework
- research kevent support for tracing a process over a file descriptor,
this means alternative to wait(2)-based events with passing events over the
kqueue API - signal handlers are global per application and they clash with
GUI toolkits (and perhaps other libraries) - this is long term wishlist in
GDB for Linux - the current approach is to fork and debug through GDB remote
protocol (this is how it is done in LLDB)
- add ATF tests for SIGCHLD
- research kgdb(4)
and of course: fix as many bugs as possible.
Features in ELF, DWARF, CTF, DTrace are out of scope of the above list.