|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / x11 / xterm / Makefile (download)
Revision 1.52, Fri May 22 19:52:02 2009 UTC (10 years, 8 months ago) by tnn
CVS Tags: pkgsrc-2009Q2-base, pkgsrc-2009Q2
Changes since 1.51: +2 -2
Update to xterm-243.
Patch #243 - 2009/3/28
* revert change to default for allowTcapOps (request by Bram Moolenaar).
* reallocate result returned by xtermEnvLocale() to avoid reference to freed
memory after handling menuLocale resource.
* fix an old (X11R5) bug in tek4014 for switching fontsizes.
* add resource defaultString to make configurable the use of "#" when pastes
of UTF-8 text fail due to limitations in the current locale settings.
* make the set of selection target Atom's configurable by two new resources
eightBitSelectTypes and utf8SelectTypes, e.g., to use the TEXT Atom in
preference to UTF8_STRING (discussion with Stanislav Sedov regarding
koi8rxterm and the FreeBSD port).
* modify handling of TARGETS Atom by making it return exactly the set of
targets as those which xterm is currently providing.
* set MANPAGER and PAGER explicitly to /bin/cat in minstall.sh to work around
/etc/man.conf's with those variables already set
* improve error-checking of tcap-query parser.
* add check for keyboard tcap), which ensures that terminal descriptions
containing the same string for shifted/unshifted keys will be seen by
tcap-query as only the unshifted key. (This would only happen with an
incorrect terminal description).
* fix conversion for input event-state to modifier-parameter which made
tcap-query feature not work with tcapFunctionKeys (keyboard type tcap).
* add "DEF_ALLOW_XXX" definitions to main.h to allow overriding the
default compiled-in values for "allowxxx" resources.
* remove check on bell-percentage added in patch #242, which disallowed
zero/negative values (Redhat Bugzilla #487829).
Patch #242 - 2009/2/15
* fix configure check for XkbBell and provide appropriate parameter for it.
* fix a caching problem with double-size fonts versus reverse video that could
cause core dump.
* repair double-size fonts from workaround used in patch #240.
* add new section to the VT Fonts menu which allows enabling or disabling the
font, termcap (tcap-query), title and window operations.
* add fontWarnings resource, to control whether to show warnings on failure to
load a font.
* improve warnings for unloadable fonts introduced in patch #240 by limiting
those to the cases where a font would be specified directly by a resource
setting rather than a derived fontname.
* further amend fix for Debian #252873 from patch #197 to treat a blank cell
which does not have both foreground and background colored as a non-colored
cell. This improves a special case where the cursor is on a blank cell which
had foreground color scrolled in (report by Miroslav Lichvar).
Also add the same logic when hiding cursor, so the outline matches the
* modify internals to reduce places PAIRED_CHARS() is used, making WriteText()
and ScrnWriteText() accept IChar array, as well as providing a wrapper for
* change default XIM font from "*" to "fixed" to improve startup time in
zh_CN.UTF-8 locale (Mike Fabian, SuSE Bugzilla #464930).
* typo in #240 log (Slava Semushin)
Patch #241 - 2009/1/26
* improve checks for missing bitmap fonts, fallback to "fixed" as needed to
work around broken font-packages (report by Jacek Luczak).
* fix breakage from patch #240 changes for xtermAddInput() (patches by
Jeff Chua, Julien Cristau).
Patch #240 - 2009/1/25
* use plink.sh for linking xterm (suggested by Larry Doolittle).
* add resource descriptions for input method to xterm manpage.
* update configure script; consistently append to $CFLAGS rather than prepend.
* add install-scripts rule to makefile, to allow koi8rxterm and uxterm scripts
to be altered independently of install-bin
* add -maximized command-line option and corresponding resource (prompted by
alt.os.linux newsgroup comment).
* modify translations of scrollbar widget using xtermAddInput() (see
patch #181) to accept the actions that the vt100 widget accepts, such as
shift-insert to perform a paste operation (request by Martin Zwickel).
* change default for allowTcapsOpS resource to false, since it causes
unexpected behavior for vim users with AltGr.
* update config.guess, config.sub