|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / www / ruby-httpclient / distinfo (download)
Revision 1.16, Tue Jan 20 11:47:17 2015 UTC (5 years, 8 months ago) by obache
CVS Tags: pkgsrc-2015Q3-base, pkgsrc-2015Q3, pkgsrc-2015Q2-base, pkgsrc-2015Q2, pkgsrc-2015Q1-base, pkgsrc-2015Q1
Changes since 1.15: +4 -4
Update ruby-httpclient to 188.8.131.52
(with post 2.6.0 fix: bin/httpclient one-liner broken)
### Changes in 2.6.0
This release includes internal CookieManager implementation change. It
involves compatibility layer but for the case your library depends on internal
implementation it also provides a way to restore the implementation. See below
for more details.
* feat: use http-cookie if available for better Cookies spec compliance.
Instead of WebAgent 0.6.2 that is not maintained over 10 years. To omit
maintaining that library use http-cookie for better spec compliance and
This introduces following incompatibility from existing cookies
* Expired cookies are not saved. With the old implementation expired
cookies are saved in file and not be sent to the server. With the new
implementation the expired cookies are not saved to the file and not
be sent to the server.
* Cookie#domain returns dot-less domain for domain cookies. Instead,
Cookie#dot_domain returns with dot.
http-cookie is used by default if available but you can restore original
CookieManager behavior by loading 'httpclient/webagent-cookie' feature
before 'httpclient' like this;
The new implementation dumps warnings to help you migrate to http-cookie.
Please follow the suggestion to avoid future compatibility.
WebAgent::Cookie is deprecated and will be replaced with HTTP::Cookie in the near future. Please use Cookie#origin= instead of Cookie#url= for the replacement.
Cookie#domain returns dot-less domain name now. Use Cookie#dot_domain if you need "." at the beginning.
CookieManager#find is deprecated and will be removed in near future. Use HTTP::Cookie.cookie_value(CookieManager#cookies) instead
* feat: Message#previous to get responses in negotiation
HTTP::Message#previous keeps previous response in negotiation. For
redirection, authorization negotiation and retry from custom filter.
* feat: Add JSONClient
JSONClient auto-converts Hash <-> JSON in request and response.
* For POST or PUT request, convert Hash body to JSON String with
'application/json; charset=utf-8' header.
* For response, convert JSON String to Hash when content-type is
This commit include bin/jsonclient that works as same as bin/httpclient
not with HTTPClient but with JSONClient.
* feat: Add download command
% httpclient download http://host/path > file
* Bug fixes
* fix: duplicated query params by follow_redirect
When the original request has query and the server returns redirection
response with Location, HTTPClient wrongly adds query to the new URI. In
such case the Location header could include query part;
-> Location: http://otherhost/api/call?limit=10
HTTPClient should just hit the new location '/api/call?limit=10' not
'/api/call?limit=10&limit=10'. Closes #236.
* fix: NTLM & Basic dual auth
When a server returns two or more WWW-Authenticate headers and the first
one is NTLM, say WWW-Authenticate: NTLM and WWW-Authenticate: Basic in
this order, HTTPClient sent Basic Authorization header after finishing
NTLM auth negotiation.
NTLM auth is a connection authentication scheme so HTTPClient deleted
the internal auth negotiation state so that NTLM authenticator does not
do anything after the negotiation has completed. In such case, for the
subsequent requests, NTLM authenticator does nothing but Basic
authenticator sends Basic Authorization header to the server that is
already negotiated via NTLM authenticator. This can cause authentication
This commit changes the internal state handling not to delete the state
but introduce :done state. NTLM authenticator returns :skip for the
request to the server that auth negotiation has completed. WWWAuth skips
other authenticator to avoid above issue. Closes #157.
* fix: transplant IO positions to new request in negotiation
In authorization negotiation HTTP::Message for request is generated for
each request, of course, but HTTPClient did not care the IO position
recorded in the previous requests in the subsequent requests. Closes #130.
* fix: avoid inconsistent Content-Length and actual body
If lengths of all posted arguments are known HTTPClient sends
'Content-Length' as a sum length of all arguments. But the length of
actual body was wrong because it read as much as possible regardless of
what IO#size returned. So if the file is getting bigger while HTTPClient
is processing a request the request has inconsistent Content-Length and
This bug is found, and the fix is proposed both by @Teshootub7. Thank
you very much for patient trouble shooting! Fixes #117.
* fix: KeepAliveDisconnected race condition
As details explained in #84, current HTTPClient's KeepAliveDisconnected
handling has a race condition bug that allows a client to have
invalidated connection two or more times. This could be a cause of #185.
To avoid this, make HTTPClient acquire new connection for retry of
KeepAliveDisconnected. Closes #84. Closes #185.
### Changes in 2.5.3
This release includes behavior changes of POST and PUT requests that has
nil as a body. See changes below. Emtpty String as a body is not affected.
* Update cacert. "Certificate data from Mozilla as of: Tue Oct 28 22:03:58 2014"
-> Reverted in 184.108.40.206 because it caused unexpected SSLError. See
* Allow no content POST and PUT.
Previously POST or PUT with :body => nil meant that 'POST or PUT with 0
length entity body'. But sometimes you need to POST or PUT actually no
content which should not have Content-Type nor Content-Length.
It could be incompatible change for user who POST/PUT-ed with empty body
but it should be rare, actually WEBrick cannot handle such 'no content'
POST and PUT. #128.
* Add default_header property.
:default_header is for providing default headers Hash that all HTTP
requests should have, such as custom 'Authorization' header in API. You
can override :default_header with :header Hash parameter in HTTP request
* raise if redirect res does not have Location header. #155.
* Bug fixes
* Avoid NPE by a cookie without domain=.
The root cause is still uncertain though. Closes #123
* Suppress verify_callback warning.
Because OpenSSL can try multiple certificate chains and some of it can
fail, and one of them succeeds. For that case warning is irrelevant.
Let it warn only in $DEBUG mode. #221.
### Changes in 2.5.2
Oct 29, 2014 - version 2.5.2
* Add :force_basic_auth config - #166, #179, #181.
Generally HTTP client must send Authorization header after it gets 401
error from server from security reason. But in some situation (e.g.
API client) you might want to send Authorization from the beginning.
You can turn on/off force_basic_auth flag for sending Authorization
header from the beginning. (Of cource, if a request URI matches with
the URI you set in set_auth method)
HTTPClient.new(:force_basic_auth => true)
c = HTTPClient.new
c.force_basic_auth = true
* Add :base_url to HTTPClient configuration.
Passing path to get, post, etc. is recognized as a request to
:base_url + uri. If you pass full URL :base_url is ignored.
api = HTTPClient.new(:base_url => 'https://api.example.com/v1')
api.get("/users.json") # => Get https://api.example.com/v1/users.json
api.get("https://localhost/path") # => https://localhost/path
### Changes in 2.5.1
Oct 19, 2014 - version 2.5.1
* Allow to specify :query in POST, PUT, DELETE and OPTIONS requests.
* Allow to specify :body in OPTIONS request. Closes #136.
### Changes in 2.5.0
Oct 17, 2014 - version 2.5.0
This version changes (again) default SSL options to help
BEAST/CRIME/POODLE Attack prevension.
* Disabled SSLv3 in favor of POODLE Attack prevention.
* Enabled 1/n-1 fragment in favor of BEAST Attack prevention.
* No TLS compression in favor of CRIME Attack prevention.
You can restore the previous SSL configuration like this;
client = HTTPClient.new
client.ssl_config.ssl_version = :SSLv23
client.ssl_config.options = OpenSSL::SSL::OP_ALL | OpenSSL::SSL::OP_NO_SSLv2
* Change default SSL options. See above.
* Keep cause error of KeepAliveDisconnected. It allows caller to
investigate the cause of KeepAliveDisconnected.
### Changes in 2.4.0
Jun 8, 2014 - version 2.4.0
This version changes default SSL version to :auto (same as nil) to use SSL/TLS
version negotiation. Former versions use SSLv3 as default that does not connect
via TLS. This change makes underlying OpenSSL library decide which SSL/TLS
version to use but SSLv2 is disabled.
This change makes your secure connection safer but if you see SSL connection
failure with this version try specifying SSL version to use SSLv3 like;
client = HTTPClient.new
client.ssl_config.ssl_version = :SSLv3
* Bug fixes
* Avoid unnecessary connection retries for OAuth error.
* Make authentication drivers Thread-safe. Note that HTTPClient instance is
Thread-safe for authentication state update but it shares authentication
state across threads by design. If you don't want to share authentication
state, such as for using different authentication username/password pair
per thread, create HTTPClient instance for each Thread.
* Avoid chunked String recycle in callback block.
* Do not send empty 'oauth_token' in signed request for compatibility.
* Ignore negative Content-Length header from server.
* Fix incorrect use of absolute URL for HTTPS proxy requests.
* Handle UTF characters in chunked bodies.
* A new cookie never be accepted if an HTTPClient has the same expired cookie.
* Allow spaces in NO_PROXY environment like; "hosta, hostb"
* Avoid HttpClient::Message::Body#dump causes Encoding::CompatibilityError.
* Change default SSL version to :auto to use version negotiation.
* Allow to pass client private key passphrase in SSLConfig.
* Convert README to markdown syntax
* Update default CA certificates: change the source from JDK's to Firefox's.
The file is downloaded from
(Certificate data from Mozilla as of: Tue Apr 22 08:29:31 2014)
* Callback block can be defined as to get 2 arguments to retrieve the
* Remove  from given address for IPv6 compat.
* Update API endpoints to those of Twitter REST API v1.1.