|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / www / py-werkzeug / distinfo (download)
Revision 1.19, Wed Apr 24 16:05:43 2019 UTC (3 years, 9 months ago) by adam
Changes since 1.18: +5 -6
py-werkzeug: updated to 0.15.2
- Rule code generation uses a filename that coverage will ignore.
The previous value, "generated", was causing coverage to fail.
- The test client removes the cookie header if there are no persisted
cookies. This fixes an issue introduced in 0.15.0 where the cookies
from the original request were used for redirects, causing functions
such as logout to fail.
- The test client copies the environ before passing it to the app, to
prevent in-place modifications from affecting redirect requests.
- The "werkzeug" logger only adds a handler if there is no handler
configured for its level in the logging chain. This avoids double
logging if other code configures logging first.
- :class:~exceptions.Unauthorized takes description as the first
argument, restoring previous behavior. The new www_authenticate
argument is listed second.
- Building URLs is ~7x faster. Each :class:~routing.Rule compiles
an optimized function for building itself.
- :meth:MapAdapter.build() <routing.MapAdapter.build> can be passed
a :class:~datastructures.MultiDict to represent multiple values
for a key. It already did this when passing a dict with a list
- path_info defaults to '/' for
- Change RequestRedirect code from 301 to 308, preserving the verb
and request body (form data) during redirect.
- int and float converters in URL rules will handle negative
values if passed the signed=True parameter. For example,
- Location autocorrection in :func:Response.get_wsgi_headers()
<wrappers.BaseResponse.get_wsgi_headers> is relative to the current
path rather than the root path.
- 412 responses once again include entity headers and an error message
in the body. They were originally omitted when implementing
- The Content-Length header is removed for 1xx and 204 responses. This
fixes a previous change where no body would be sent, but the header
would still be present. The new behavior matches RFC 7230.
- :class:~exceptions.Unauthorized takes a www_authenticate
parameter to set the WWW-Authenticate header for the response,
which is technically required for a valid 401 response.
- Add support for status code 424 :exc:~exceptions.FailedDependency.
- :func:http.parse_cookie ignores empty segments rather than
producing a cookie with no key or value.
- :func:~http.parse_authorization_header (and
:attr:~wrappers.Request.authorization) treats the authorization
header as UTF-8. On Python 2, basic auth username and password are
- :func:~http.parse_options_header understands :rfc:2231 parameter
- :func:~urls.uri_to_iri does not unquote ASCII characters in the
unreserved class, such as space, and leaves invalid bytes quoted
when decoding. :func:~urls.iri_to_uri does not quote reserved
characters. See :rfc:3987 for these character classes.
- get_content_type appends a charset for any mimetype that ends
with +xml, not just those that start with application/.
- Clean up werkzeug.security module, remove outdated hashlib
- In :func:~security.generate_password_hash, PBKDF2 uses 150000
iterations by default, increased from 50000.
- :class:~wsgi.ClosingIterator calls close on the wrapped
*iterable*, not the internal iterator. This doesn't affect objects
where __iter__ returned self. For other objects, the method
was not called before.
- Bytes may be used as keys in :class:~datastructures.Headers, they
will be decoded as Latin-1 like values are.
- :class:~datastructures.Range validates that list of range tuples
passed to it would produce a valid Range header.
- :class:~datastructures.FileStorage looks up attributes on
stream._file if they don't exist on stream, working around
an issue where :func:tempfile.SpooledTemporaryFile didn't
implement all of :class:io.IOBase. See
- :class:CombinedMultiDict.copy() <datastructures.CombinedMultiDict>
returns a shallow mutable copy as a
:class:~datastructures.MultiDict. The copy no longer reflects
changes to the combined dicts, but is more generally useful.
- The version of jQuery used by the debugger is updated to 3.3.1.
- The debugger correctly renders long markupsafe.Markup instances.
- The debugger can serve resources when Werkzeug is installed as a
zip file. DebuggedApplication.get_resource uses
- The debugger and server log support Python 3's chained exceptions.
- The interactive debugger highlights frames that come from user code
to make them easy to pick out in a long stack trace. Note that if an
env was created with virtualenv instead of venv, the debugger may
incorrectly classify some frames.
- Clicking the error message at the top of the interactive debugger
will jump down to the bottom of the traceback.
- When generating a PIN, the debugger will ignore a KeyError
raised when the current UID doesn't have an associated username,
which can happen in Docker.
- :class:~exceptions.BadRequestKeyError adds the KeyError
message to the description, making it clearer what caused the 400
error. Frameworks like Flask can omit this information in production
by setting e.args = ().
- If a nested ImportError occurs from :func:~utils.import_string
the traceback mentions the nested import. Removes an untested code
path for handling "modules not yet set up by the parent."
- Triggering a reload while using a tool such as PDB no longer hides
- The reloader will not prepend the Python executable to the command
line if the Python file is marked executable. This allows the
reloader to work on NixOS.
- Fix an issue where sys.path would change between reloads when
running with python -m app. The reloader can detect that a
module was run with "-m" and reconstructs that instead of the file
path in sys.argv when reloading.
- The dev server can bind to a Unix socket by passing a hostname like
- Server uses IPPROTO_TCP constant instead of SOL_TCP for
- When using an adhoc SSL cert with :func:~serving.run_simple, the
cert is shown as self-signed rather than signed by an invalid
- The development server logs the unquoted IRI rather than the raw
request line, to make it easier to work with Unicode in request
paths during development.
- The development server recognizes ConnectionError on Python 3 to
silence client disconnects, and does not silence other OSErrors
that may have been raised inside the application.
- The environ keys REQUEST_URI and RAW_URI contain the raw
path before it was percent-decoded. This is non-standard, but many
WSGI servers add them. Middleware could replace PATH_INFO with
this to route based on the raw value.
- :class:~test.EnvironBuilder doesn't set CONTENT_TYPE or
CONTENT_LENGTH in the environ if they aren't set. Previously
these used default values if they weren't set. Now it's possible to
distinguish between empty and unset values.
- The test client raises a ValueError if a query string argument
would overwrite a query string in the path.
- :class:test.EnvironBuilder and :class:test.Client take a
json argument instead of manually passing data and
content_type. This is serialized using the
- :class:test.Client redirect handling is rewritten.
- The redirect environ is copied from the initial request environ.
- Script root and path are correctly distinguished when
redirecting to a path under the root.
- The HEAD method is not changed to GET.
- 307 and 308 codes preserve the method and body. All others
ignore the body and related headers.
- Headers are passed to the new request for all codes, following
what browsers do.
- :class:test.EnvironBuilder sets the content type and length
headers in addition to the WSGI keys when detecting them from
- Intermediate response bodies are iterated over even when
buffered=False to ensure iterator middleware can run cleanup
code safely. Only the last response is not buffered.
- :class:~test.EnvironBuilder, :class:~datastructures.FileStorage,
and :func:wsgi.get_input_stream no longer share a global
_empty_stream instance. This improves test isolation by
preventing cases where closing the stream in one request would
affect other usages.
- The default :attr:SecureCookie.serialization_method
change from :mod:pickle to :mod:json in 1.0. To upgrade existing
tokens, override :meth:~contrib.securecookie.SecureCookie.unquote
to try pickle if json fails.
- CGIRootFix no longer modifies PATH_INFO for very old
versions of Lighttpd. LighttpdCGIRootFix was renamed to
CGIRootFix in 0.9. Both are deprecated and will be removed in
- :class:werkzeug.wrappers.json.JSONMixin has been replaced with
Flask's implementation. Check the docs for the full API.
- The :doc:contrib modules </contrib/index> are deprecated and will
either be moved into werkzeug core or removed completely in
version 1.0. Some modules that already issued deprecation warnings
have been removed. Be sure to run or test your code with
python -W default::DeprecationWarning to catch any deprecated
code you're using.
- LintMiddleware has moved to :mod:werkzeug.middleware.lint.
- ProfilerMiddleware has moved to
- ProxyFix has moved to :mod:werkzeug.middleware.proxy_fix.
- JSONRequestMixin has moved to :mod:werkzeug.wrappers.json.
- cache has been extracted into a separate project,
cachelib <https://github.com/pallets/cachelib>_. The version
in Werkzeug is deprecated.
- securecookie and sessions have been extracted into a
secure-cookie <https://github.com/pallets/secure-cookie>_. The
version in Werkzeug is deprecated.
- Everything in fixers, except ProxyFix, is deprecated.
- Everything in wrappers, except JSONMixin, is deprecated.
- atom is deprecated. This did not fit in with the rest of
Werkzeug, and is better served by a dedicated library in the
- jsrouting is removed. Set URLs when rendering templates
or JSON responses instead.
- limiter is removed. Its specific use is handled by Werkzeug
directly, but stream limiting is better handled by the WSGI
server in general.
- testtools is removed. It did not offer significant benefit
over the default test client.
- iterio is deprecated.
- :func:wsgi.get_host no longer looks at X-Forwarded-For. Use
:class:~middleware.proxy_fix.ProxyFix to handle that.
- :class:~middleware.proxy_fix.ProxyFix is refactored to support
more headers, multiple values, and more secure configuration.
- Each header supports multiple values. The trusted number of
proxies is configured separately for each header. The
num_proxies argument is deprecated.
- Sets SERVER_NAME and SERVER_PORT based on
- Sets SERVER_PORT and modifies HTTP_HOST based on
- Sets SCRIPT_NAME based on X-Forwarded-Prefix.
- The original WSGI environment values are stored in the
werkzeug.proxy_fix.orig key, a dict. The individual keys
werkzeug.proxy_fix.orig_http_host are deprecated.
- Middleware from werkzeug.wsgi has moved to separate modules
under werkzeug.middleware, along with the middleware moved from
werkzeug.contrib. The old werkzeug.wsgi imports are
deprecated and will be removed in version 1.0.
- werkzeug.wsgi.DispatcherMiddleware has moved to
- werkzeug.wsgi.ProxyMiddleware as moved to
- werkzeug.wsgi.SharedDataMiddleware has moved to
- :class:~middleware.http_proxy.ProxyMiddleware proxies the query
- The filenames generated by
:class:~middleware.profiler.ProfilerMiddleware can be customized.
- The werkzeug.wrappers module has been converted to a package,
and its various classes have been organized into separate modules.
Any previously documented classes, understood to be the existing
public API, are still importable from werkzeug.wrappers, or may
be imported from their specific modules.