|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / www / py-httpcore / Makefile (download)
Revision 1.2, Thu Oct 1 06:48:37 2020 UTC (12 months, 2 weeks ago) by adam
Changes since 1.1: +2 -2
py-httpcore: updated to 0.11.1
- Add await to async semaphore release() coroutine
- Drop incorrect curio classifier
The Transport API with 0.11.0 has a couple of significant changes.
Firstly we've moved changed the request interface in order to allow extensions, which will later enable us to support features
such as trailing headers, HTTP/2 server push, and CONNECT/Upgrade connections.
The interface changes from:
def request(method, url, headers, stream, timeout):
return (http_version, status_code, reason, headers, stream)
To instead including an optional dictionary of extensions on the request and response:
def request(method, url, headers, stream, ext):
return (status_code, headers, stream, ext)
Having an open-ended extensions point will allow us to add later support for various optional features, that wouldn't otherwise be supported without these API changes.
* Trailing headers support.
* HTTP/2 Server Push
* Exposing raw connection on CONNECT, Upgrade, HTTP/2 bi-di streaming.
* Exposing debug information out of the API, including template name, template context.
Currently extensions are limited to:
* request: `timeout` - Optional. Timeout dictionary.
* response: `http_version` - Optional. Include the HTTP version used on the response.
* response: `reason` - Optional. Include the reason phrase used on the response. Only valid with HTTP/1.*.
See https://github.com/encode/httpx/issues/1274#issuecomment-694884553 for the history behind this.
Secondly, the async version of `request` is now namespaced as `arequest`.
This allows concrete transports to support both sync and async implementations on the same class.
- Add curio support.
- Add anyio support, with `backend="anyio"`.
- Update the Transport API to use 'ext' for optional extensions.
- Update the Transport API to use `.request` and `.arequest` so implementations can support both sync and async.
- Added Unix Domain Socket support.
- Always include the port on proxy CONNECT requests.
- Fix `max_keepalive_connections` configuration.
- Fixes behaviour in HTTP/1.1 where server disconnects can be used to signal the end of the response body.
- Include `max_keepalive_connections` on `AsyncHTTPProxy`/`SyncHTTPProxy` classes.
The most notable change in the 0.10.0 release is that HTTP/2 support is now fully optional.
Use either `pip install httpcore` for HTTP/1.1 support only, or `pip install httpcore[http2]` for HTTP/1.1 and HTTP/2 support.
- HTTP/2 support becomes optional.
- Add `local_address=...` support.
- Add `PlainByteStream`, `IteratorByteStream`, `AsyncIteratorByteStream`. The `AsyncByteSteam` and `SyncByteStream` classes are now pure interface classes.
- Add `LocalProtocolError`, `RemoteProtocolError` exceptions.
- Add `UnsupportedProtocol` exception.
- Add `.get_connection_info()` method.
- Add better TRACE logs.
- `max_keepalive` is deprecated in favour of `max_keepalive_connections`.
- Improve handling of server disconnects.