|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / textproc / mdocml / Attic / Makefile (download)
Revision 1.48, Sat Mar 14 10:24:38 2015 UTC (3 years, 11 months ago) by wiz
Changes since 1.47: +8 -8
Update to 1.13.3:
Changes in version 1.13.3, released on March 13, 2015
--- MAJOR NEW FEATURES ---
* When a manual is missing from an outdated database, let man(1)
show it anyway, using a KISS file system lookup as a fallback.
* Use this to always provide man(1), even without database support.
* Fatal errors no longer exist. If a file can be opened, mandoc
will produce some output; at worst, the output may be almost empty.
* New -Wunsupp message level.
--- POTENTIONALLY SECURITY RELEVANT BUGFIXES ---
* Fix a potential write buffer overrun on incomplete string conditionals.
* Fix a potential write buffer overrun on backslash at EOF in a conditional.
* Fix a use after free sometimes hit when validation deletes a block.
--- MAJOR FUNCTIONALLY RELEVANT BUGFIXES ---
* Let man(1) show manuals for the current architecture by default,
and support the MACHINE environment variable.
* Fix the man(1) and apropos(1) -m option, it didn't work at all.
* Do not spawn a pager when there is no output.
* In makewhatis(8), fix detection of hardlinked manuals on platforms
having padding in struct inodev (typically 64bit platforms).
--- PORTABILITY IMPROVEMENTS ---
* Ignore O_CLOEXEC when the operating system doesn't provide it.
* Avoid forward reference to enum type which violates ISO C99.
* Support homebrew-style linking on Mac OS X.
--- MINOR NEW FEATURES ---
* lookup: Accept digit+letter and "n" as section names in man(1),
and consistently handle digit+letter in file name extensions.
* lookup: Speed up -s/-S by using the "mlinks" rather than the "keys" table.
* output: Insert horizontal lines between formatted manual pages.
* input: New stricter and more resilient UTF-8 parser.
* mdoc(7): Refactor block rewinding for simpler and more robust parsing.
* man(7): Use the -Ios option when .TH has less than four arguments.
* tbl(7): Implement the "center" option.
* tbl(7): New option and format parsers, improved in many respects.
* roff(7): Basic implementation of the \o escape sequence (overstrike),
and improved rendering of overstrikes in PostScript and PDF output.
* Message improvements, in particular for, but not restricted to,
eqn(7), tbl(7), and wrong numbers of arguments in mdoc(7) and man(7),
in various cases also improving output generated by invalid input.
* Delete the -V option. It serves no purpose but keeps confusing people.
* gmdiff: Minimal support for Heirloom roff.
--- RELIABILITY BUGFIXES ---
* tbl(7): Fix a read buffer overrun on 'f' at EOL in a layout.
* roff(7): Fix a read buffer overrun on incomplete numerical conditions.
* mdoc(7): Fix a NULL pointer access on .Nd followed by an explicit block.
* mdoc(7): Fix a NULL pointer access on .It Xo without .Xc.
* mdoc(7): Fix a NULL pointer access on .Eo without a tail.
* mdoc(7): Fix a NULL pointer access in the validation of empty .St macros.
* man(7)/tbl(7): Fix a NULL pointer access on .TS right after .TP.
* tbl(7): Fix a NULL pointer access on layout lines without any cells.
* eqn(7): Fix NULL pointer accesses in the terminal formatter.
* roff(7): Fix a NULL pointer access on trailing \s-/\s+ without an argument.
* gz: Fix a potential NULL pointer access after waitpid() failure.
* roff(7): Don't let the modulo operator divide by zero.
* input: Fix an assertion failure on certain invalid UTF-8 input.
* terminal output: Allow arbitrary depth of the font stack (assertion fix).
* mdoc(7): Fix assertion failures and endless loops on invalid block closing.
* mdoc(7): Fix an assertion failure on .Bl .Sm not followed by .It.
* mdoc(7): Fix an assertion failure on .Bl -column ... .El .Ta.
* tbl(7): Fix assertion failures by macros inside table data,
but do not throw away the macro arguments.
* Prevent certain kinds of unreasonable input from producing excessive
output, in one case caused by unsigned integer underflow.
* Fix a potential memory leak in makewhatis(8) on very long filenames.
--- MINOR BUGFIXES ---
* mdoc(7): Fix parsing of badly nested blocks with multiple identical blocks.
* mdoc(7): Support negative indentations for displays and lists.
* mdoc(7): Don't mistreat negative .sp arguments as large positive ones.
* mdoc(7): Some spacing fixes for .Eo/.Ec.
* man(7): Support negative horizontal widths.
* man(7): Do not print out invalid .IP arguments.
* man(7): Correctly handle scaling units after .PD.
* man(7): Support .RE with an argument.
* man(7): Fix restoring indentation after .RS with large negative arguments.
* tbl(7): Prevent tables from breaking the filling of preceding text.
* tbl(7): Fix vertical spacing at the beginning of tables.
* tbl(7): Parser and formatter fixes for line drawing and font modifiers.
* tbl(7): Correct handling of blank data lines.
* eqn(7): Add sometimes missing whitespace before equation output.
* roff(7): Fix vertical scaling, most of it was wrong.
* roff(7): Slightly improve \w width measurements.
* roff(7): Accept the historic aliases \s10 to \s39 for \s(10 to \s(39.
* roff(7): Correctly escape quotes when expanding macro arguments.
* roff(7): Correctly handle scaling units in numerical expressions,
and some other improvements to the parsing of numerical expressions.
* roff(7): Three minor fixes with respect to evaluation of conditionals.
* roff(7): Let .it accept numerical expressions, not just constants.
* mandoc_char(7): Correct some character names and renderings.
* If earlier files set a non-zero exit status, neverá˛eset it to zero.
--- THANKS TO ---
* Jonathan Gray (OpenBSD) for yet more testing with afl (the American
Fuzzy Lop security fuzzer), again resulting in many bug reports.
* Theo de Raadt (OpenBSD) for suggesting the main new feature (man(1) file
system lookup) and for reporting an important bug (pager without output).
* Theo Buehler for an important bug report (-s/-S slowness)
and for proposing a nice new feature (lines between pages).
* Jason McIntyre for an important bug report (hardlink detection)
and multiple documentation patches.
* Pascal Stumpf (OpenBSD) and Alessandro de Laurenzis for
important bug reports (architecture and man -m, respectively).
* Thomas Klausner (NetBSD) for proposing a new feature (man(7) -Ios),
a bug report, and release testing.
* Anthony Bentley, Daniel Dickman, Ted Unangst (OpenBSD) and
Kristaps Dzonsons (bsd.lv) for source code patches and bug reports.
* Christian Weisgerber (OpenBSD) for more than half a dozen bug reports.
* Carsten Kunze (Heirloom troff) for bug reports and release testing.
* Antoine Jacoutot (OpenBSD) for release testing.
* Alexis Hildebrandt (Homebrew), Baptiste Daroussin (FreeBSD),
Jonathan Perkin (SmartOS), Pedro Giffuni (FreeBSD), Svyatoslav
Mishyn (Crux Linux), Ulrich Spoerlein (FreeBSD), Jan Stary, Patrick
Keshishian, Sebastien Marie, and Steffen Nurpmeso for bug reports.