|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / textproc / mdocml / Attic / Makefile (download)
Revision 1.45, Sat Dec 13 15:52:53 2014 UTC (4 years, 2 months ago) by wiz
Changes since 1.44: +6 -10
Update to 1.13.2:
Changes in version 1.13.2, released on December 13, 2014
--- MAJOR NEW FEATURES ---
* Include an implementation of man(1), the manual page viewer.
* Unified set of command line option, each one supported by all
command names, including new options -a (format all), -c (no
pager), -h (synopsis only), and -w (list filenames).
* Support the MANPAGER and PAGER environment variables.
* Support gzip'ed manuals by the whole toolset, even as .so targets.
* Support UTF-8 and Latin-1 input by the whole toolset, delete preconv(1).
* Switch the default output mode from -Tascii to -Tlocale.
* Improve -Tascii output for Unicode escape sequences.
* Let the -Thtml output mode produce polyglot HTML5.
* Many improvements for eqn(7), in particular in-line equations,
MathML output in -Thtml mode, and much improved terminal formatting.
--- PORTABILITY IMPROVEMENTS ---
* Change the build sequence to the usual ./configure; make; make install.
* Support ./configure.local for build customizations.
* Autodetect wchar, sqlite3, and manpath support.
* Provide a fallback version of fts(3) for systems lacking it.
* Support choosing alternative binary and manual names.
--- MINOR NEW FEATURES ---
* Rudimentary implementation of the e, x, and z tbl(7) layout
modifiers to equalize, maximize, and ignore the width of columns.
* Implement font modifiers in tbl(7) layouts.
* Allow comma-separated options in the tbl(7) options line.
* Parse and ignore the .pl (page length) roff(7) request.
* Implement .An -[no]split for the mdoc(7) -Thtml output mode.
* Support bold italic font in PostScript and PDF output.
* Warn about commas in function arguments and parentheses in function names.
* Warn about botched .Xr ordering and punctuation below SEE ALSO.
* Warn about AUTHORS sections without .An macros.
* Warn about attempts to call non-callable macros.
* New developer documentation manual page mandoc_headers(3).
--- BUGFIXES ---
* Fix read buffer overrun sometimes triggered by trailing whitespace.
* Fix read buffer overrun triggered by certain invalid \H sequences.
* Fix NULL pointer access triggered by .Bl without any arguments.
* Fix NULL pointer access triggered by .It Nm Fo without .Fc.
* Fix NULL pointer access triggered by .Sh Xo .Sh without .Xc.
* Fix NULL pointer access triggered by missing .Nm.
* Fix an assertion triggered by .It right after .El.
* Fix an assertion triggered by .Ec without preceding .Eo.
* Fix an assertion triggered by .Sm or .Db with multiple arguments.
* Fix assertion failures triggered by very large width arguments.
* Fix a division by zero in the roff(7) parser.
* Prevent negative arguments to .ll from causing integer underflow.
* Correctly autodetect source format even when .Dd is preceded by .ll.
* Multiple fixes with respect to .Bd and .Bl -offset and -width.
* Many bugfixes with respect to scaling units.
* Multiple fixes with respect to delimiter handling by in-line macros.
* Multiple fixes with respect to .Pf.
* Make \c work properly in no-fill mode.
* Stricter syntax checking of Unicode character names.
--- THANKS TO ---
* Kristaps Dzonsons for rewriting the eqn(7) parser, implementing
HTML5 and MathML output, and various other code contributions.
* Jonathan Gray (OpenBSD) for extensive testing with afl (the
American Fuzzy Lop security fuzzer) resulting in many bug reports.
* Anthony Bentley (OpenBSD), Baptiste Daroussin (FreeBSD), Daniel
Dickman, Doug Hogan, Jason McIntyre, Theo de Raadt (OpenBSD),
and Martin Natano for source code patches.
* Carsten Kunze (Heirloom troff), Daniel Levai (Slackware),
Garrett D'Amore (illumos), Giovanni Becchis, Matthew Dempsky,
Stuart Henderson, Ted Unangst, Todd Miller (OpenBSD), Thomas
Klausner (NetBSD), Ulrich Spoerlein (FreeBSD), Justin Haynes,
Marcus Merighi, Sebastien Marie, Steffen Nurpmeso and Theo Buehler
for bug reports.