|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / sysutils / bup / DESCR (download)
Revision 1.3, Tue Dec 31 11:03:12 2013 UTC (9 months, 3 weeks ago) by wiz
CVS Tags: pkgsrc-2014Q3-base, pkgsrc-2014Q3, pkgsrc-2014Q2-base, pkgsrc-2014Q2, pkgsrc-2014Q1-base, pkgsrc-2014Q1, HEAD
Changes since 1.2: +1 -1
Update to 0.25:
This release includes a veritable ton of work, but the biggest change
is probably the addition of real (YMMV) metadata support, including
hardlinks, and the ability to directly save/restore trees without tar
and split/join. See bup-index(1), bup-save(1), bup-restore(1),
bup-meta(1), bup-xstat(1), and the updated "Using bup" section in the
Note though, that the metadata support really is our first pass, and
there are already things that we know need fixing (i.e. better support
for cross-filesystem-type save/restore (too noisy), etc.). And check
the "Notes on ..." sections in the README for some platform-specific
An incomplete list of other notable changes since 0.24b:
- bup will no longer create ~/.bup implicitly; "bup init" is
- "bup split" now supports a compression-level option (-#).
- "bup tag" now supports "-f".
- "bup ls" now supports "-a", "-s", "--human-readable", etc., and
reports more information.
- "bup web" now supports "--human-readable".
- "bup import-rdiff-backup" has been added.
- "bup cat-file" has been added.
- The default "/usr" installation prefix can be overridden via PREFIX.
- Python 2.4 is no longer supported.
And we have at least one (likely minor) known issue:
- *Very* large (i.e. probably greater than MAX_LONG), or negative
filesystem timestamps may not always be handled correctly at the
moment. We'll fix that soon. And related -- some of the tests
may fail on FUSE filesystems.