|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / security / nettle / buildlink3.mk (download)
Revision 1.9, Fri May 22 08:01:51 2020 UTC (10 months, 3 weeks ago) by adam
CVS Tags: pkgsrc-2021Q1-base, pkgsrc-2021Q1, pkgsrc-2020Q4-base, pkgsrc-2020Q4, pkgsrc-2020Q3-base, pkgsrc-2020Q3, pkgsrc-2020Q2-base, pkgsrc-2020Q2, HEAD
Changes since 1.8: +2 -2
nettle: updated to 3.6
This release adds a couple of new features, most notable being
support for ED448 signatures.
It is not binary compatible with earlier releases. The shared
library names are libnettle.so.8.0 and libhogweed.so.6.0, with
sonames nibnettle.so.8 and libhogweed.so.6. The changed
sonames are mainly to avoid upgrade problems with recent
GnuTLS versions, that depend on Nettle internals outside of
the advertised ABI. But also because of the removal of
internal poly1305 functions which were undocumented but
declared in an installed header file, see Interface changes
* Support for Curve448 and ED448 signatures. Contributed by
* Support for SHAKE256 (SHA3 variant with arbitrary output
size). Contributed by Daiki Ueno.
* Support for SIV-CMAC (Synthetic Initialization Vector) mode,
contributed by Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos.
* Support for CMAC64, contributed by Dmitry Baryshkov.
* Support for the "CryptoPro" variant of the GOST hash
function, as gosthash94cp. Contributed by Dmitry Baryshkov.
* Support for GOST DSA signatures, including GOST curves
gc256b and gc512a. Contributed by Dmitry Baryshkov.
* Support for Intel CET in x86 and x86_64 assembly files, if
enabled via CFLAGS (gcc --fcf-protection=full). Contributed
by H.J. Lu and Simo Sorce.
* A few new functions to improve support for the Chacha
variant with 96-bit nonce and 32-bit block counter (the
existing functions use nonce and counter of 64-bit each),
and functions to set the counter. Contributed by Daiki Ueno.
* New interface, struct nettle_mac, for MAC (message
authentication code) algorithms. This abstraction is only
for MACs that don't require a per-message nonce. For HMAC,
the key size is fixed, and equal the digest size of the
underlying hash function.
* Fix bug in cfb8_decrypt. Previously, the IV was not updated
correctly in the case of input data shorter than the block
size. Reported by Stephan Mueller, fixed by Daiki Ueno.
* Fix configure check for __builtin_bswap64, the incorrect
check would result in link errors on platforms missing this
function. Patch contributed by George Koehler.
* All use of old-fashioned suffix rules in the Makefiles have
been replaced with %-pattern rules. Nettle's use of suffix
rules in earlier versions depended on undocumented GNU make
behavior, which is being deprecated in GNU make 4.3.
Building with other make programs than GNU make is untested
and unsupported. (Building with BSD make or Solaris make
used to work years ago, but has not been tested recently).
* Declarations of internal poly1305.h functions have been
removed from the header file poly1305.h, to make it clear
that they are not part of the advertised API or ABI.
* Building the public key support of nettle now requires GMP
version 6.1.0 or later (unless --enable-mini-gmp is used).
* A fair amount of changes to ECC internals, with a few
deleted and a few new fields in the internal struct
ecc_curve. Files and functions have been renamed to more
consistently match the curve name, e.g., ecc-256.c has been
renamed to ecc-secp256r1.c.
* Documentation for chacha-poly1305 updated. It is no longer
experimental. The implementation was updated to follow RFC
8439 in Nettle-3.1, but that was not documented or announced
at the time.