|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / print / cups-filters / Makefile (download)
Revision 1.136, Sat May 2 12:04:44 2020 UTC (6 months, 4 weeks ago) by leot
Changes since 1.135: +3 -6
cups-filters: Update to 1.27.4
- Remove patches/patch-configure: applied uptsream
- Convert the CHECK_PORTABILITY_SKIP to a REPLACE_BASH: it is more consistent
with other REPLACE_BASHes (there are several files that are not installed
then) and complaining about `==' test(1) operator in a bash script is
- libcupsfilters, cups-browsed: Fix memory issues in
ppdgenerator and cups-browsed (Pull request #226).
- pdftops: Mention cups-filters README, CUPS README in debug
log (Pull request #225).
- pdftopdf, gstoraster, foomatic-rip: Use "-dSAFER"
Ghostscript option, instead of the deprecated
"-dPARANOIDSAFER" (Pull request #224).
- Build System: Replace '==' in configure.ac test with '=', as
the former is a bashism (Pull request #222).
- cups-browsed: Allow sharing local queues pointing to remote
CUPS queues and re-sharing printers discovered via
BrowsePoll by default, using
NewBrowsePollQueuesShared directives in cups-browsed.conf
(Issue #101, Pull request #218).
- driverless: Correctly unlink temporary file when generating
PPD file (Pull request #220).
- cups-browsed: Fixed memory leaks (Pull request #219).
- foomatic-rip: PDF page count side-loads the PDF file to
count the pages in, so it cannot be run in -dSAFER mode. Run
even in -dNOSAFER mode to override the -dSAFER default of
newer Ghostscript versions. This should not cause a security
problem as we do not take an input file which could do
arbitrary side-loads but we run hard-coded PostScript
commands instead (Issue #216).
- libfontembed: Add checks to the test programs to not
segfault if the test font file is not found (Pull request
- Build System: Let ./configure fail if the supplied test font
file path (or the default) does not exist (Pull request
#214), also use the "find" command to find the test font
file DejaVuSans.ttf under /usr/share/fonts, as every
distribution has it somewhere else.
- foomatic-rip: In some PostScript input files it was possible
that option settings did not get inserted or lines inserted
on the wron place (Issue #208, Pull request #210).
- foomatic-rip: For the PDF page count call Ghostscript in
sandbox mode and fix pointer arithmetics (Pull request
- foomatic-rip: Zero-page-job handling changes made the last
page of PostScript files not printed, also turning one-page
jobs into zero-page jobs (Issue #200, Issue #206, Issue
#208, Pull request #209, Pull request #210, Pull request
- cups-browsed: check_printer_with_option() function:
Initialize the value, add further checks, freeing memory and
stop allocating magic numbers (Pull request #204).
- cups-browsed: Additional checks against crashes in the
is_local_hostname() function (Ubuntu bug #1863716)
- libcupsfilters: Let the PPD generator not put any dashes
into the PPD option and choice names when translating them
from IPP attribute names, to avoid that on the
back-translation by CUPS no double-dashes are
generated. This broke paper tray selections with tray names
like "tray-1", "tray-2", ... (Issue #192, Issue #201, Debian
- foomatic-rip: Fixed segfault when PRINTER environment
variable is not supplied.
- pdftopdf, pdftops, gstoraster, gstopdf, gstopxl,
rastertoescpx, rastertopclx, foomatic-rip: Handle zero-page
jobs (Issue #117, Pull request #196, Pull request #197, Pull
request #198, Pull request #200).
- texttopdf: Added support for CJK (double-width) fonts (Issue
#135, Pull request #199).
- cups-browsed: Switched default for "CreateIPPPrinterQueues"
from "local-only" to "All". The configure script options
"--enable-auto-setup-driverless-only" can be used to change
this default (Debian bug #921252).
- rastertoescpx: Fixed wrong freeing of a buffer.
- pdftops: Added options "crop-to-fit" and "fill" to the
pdftopdf options which the pstops called by pdftops should
not apply a second time.
- pdftops: Added missing "-sstdout=%stderr" to Ghostscript
command line, to assure that all messages are redirected to
stderr and do not mix up with the output data.
- cups-browsed: Eliminate the use of the local CUPS daemon's
(the CUPS we are attached to) port number completely, so
that for attaching to an arbitrary local CUPS daemon
listening on an arbitrary port (or even not listening on
localhost at all) it is enough to tell cups-browsed the
domain socket the CUPS daemon is listening on.
- cups-browsed, libcupsfilters: Identify DNS-SD-reported
printers as of the local CUPS daemon via UUID and not via
the port on which the local CUPS is listening, as we do not
always have this port available.
- cups-browsed: Leave the port for legacy CUPS browsing and
broadcasting on 631, do not use a possible alternative port
of the CUPS we are attached to. The legacy CUPS servers we
communicate with are always remote ones.
- libcupsfilters: in the PPD generator prioritize
pwg-raster-document-type-supported (Issue #186, Pull request
- rastertopdf, rastertops, texttopdf, pdftoraster,
mupdftoraster: Handle zero-page jobs, corrections on
zero-page job handling (Issue #117)
- cups-browsed: When restarting after a crash make sure that
local queue names have same upper/lower case as before.
- cups-browsed: Small code improvements to reduce crash
- cups-browsed: Added crash guards to avoid crashes in case
the dummy printer entry for a deleted master entry is used.
- cups-browsed: Set the port of the local CUPS daemon to be
used according to the IPP_PORT environment variable.
- cups-browsed: Eliminated the use of the cupsGetPPD2()
function of libcups completely, also the remaining calls
in the record_printer_options() and update_cups_queues()
functions, the former causing incomplete recording of
option settings and the latter use of CUPS-generated
PPDs not working when CUPS is running on a non-standard
- cups-browsed: Eliminated the use of the cupsGetPPD2()
function of libcups in queue_overwritten(). The function
actually loads the queue's PPD file if the queue is on a
local CUPS on port 631. Due to a bug the function fails if
an alternative port is used. This lets queue_overwritten()
always assume that the PPD got removed and therefore the
queue got overwritten. So queues got released from
cups-browsed if it was printed on them or if they were
supposed to be removed on shutdown.
- foomatic-rip: Fixed compilation with -fno-common. Starting
from the upcoming GCC 10, the default of the -fcommon option
will change to -fno-common. This causes compilation errors
in foomatic-rip due to missing "external" declarations.
(Pull request #184).