|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / pkgtools / pkg_install / files / lib / version.c (download)
Revision 1.6, Mon Feb 2 12:35:01 2009 UTC (11 years, 2 months ago) by joerg
CVS Tags: pkgsrc-2009Q4-base, pkgsrc-2009Q4, pkgsrc-2009Q3-base, pkgsrc-2009Q3, pkgsrc-2009Q2-base, pkgsrc-2009Q2, pkgsrc-2009Q1-base, pkgsrc-2009Q1
Changes since 1.5: +2 -4
Merge pkg_install-20090201 from pkg_install-renovation branch.
- DB support is always included from libnbcompat if needed
- pkg_view and linkfarm are not installed any more; they are not moved
into the attic yet, so they can easily be installed as separte package
- common configuration file to customise the behavior of various
components; this supersedes the old audit-packages.conf
- support for PKSC7 signatures (using X509 certs) and GPG signatures for
packages in a secure way. See pkg_admin(8) for how to create them and
pkg_install.conf(5) for the options to use them
- audit-packages and download-vulnerability-list are wrapper scripts
around pkg_admin. They try to mimic the classic options if used sanely.
"pkg_admin audit" is now an order of magnitude faster than before
- pkg_add uses libarchive and libfetch instead of external ftp and tar:
- progress bar is currently missing for downloads
- "pkg_add -" is no longer supported
- no adhoc check for conficts between dependencies and already
- "pkg_add -s" has been replaced with an option in pkg_install.conf,
verification of plain detached GPG signatures is no longer supported
- optional check for vulnerabilities before adding a package
- if /var and /usr/pkg are on different fileystems it is twice as fast
- conflicts due to overlapping plists are checked before installation
- pkg_add no longer plays with the process limits
- pkg_add and pkg_delete have a new destdir option; scripts have to
either be modified to use PKG_DESTDIR or should be disabled
- pkg_add -u for now can't be used to update to the exact same version
- internal "rm -rf" and "mkdir_p" code
- all memory allocation failures are not explicitly fatal
- if a file is not removed due to a failed checksum, still remove the
entry from pkgdb
/* $NetBSD: version.c,v 1.6 2009/02/02 12:35:01 joerg Exp $ */
__RCSID("$NetBSD: version.c,v 1.6 2009/02/02 12:35:01 joerg Exp $");
* Copyright (c) 2001 Thomas Klausner. All rights reserved.
* Redistribution and use in source and binary forms, with or without
* modification, are permitted provided that the following conditions
* are met:
* 1. Redistributions of source code must retain the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer.
* 2. Redistributions in binary form must reproduce the above copyright
* notice, this list of conditions and the following disclaimer in the
* documentation and/or other materials provided with the distribution.
* THIS SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED BY THE AUTHOR ``AS IS'' AND ANY EXPRESS OR
* IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES
* OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE DISCLAIMED.
* IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT,
* INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING, BUT
* NOT LIMITED TO, PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES; LOSS OF USE,
* DATA, OR PROFITS; OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) HOWEVER CAUSED AND ON ANY
* THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER IN CONTRACT, STRICT LIABILITY, OR TORT
* (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE OR OTHERWISE) ARISING IN ANY WAY OUT OF THE USE OF
* THIS SOFTWARE, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.