|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / graphics / openimageio / Makefile (download)
Revision 1.17, Sat Oct 12 22:13:44 2013 UTC (6 years ago) by ryoon
Changes since 1.16: +2 -3
Update to 1.2.2
Release 1.2.2 (1 Oct 2013)
* New features:
* New oiiotool --siappend : append subimages of top two images on stack.
* Utilities: added Strutil::contains() and icontains().
* Fixes in handling XMP & IPTC metadata.
* oiiotool --origin and --fullpixels did not correctly propagate their
changes to the output images.
* oiiotool --colorconvert (and the underlying ImageBufAlgo::colorconvert)
could crash if given a color conversion recognized as a no-op.
* DPX output could crash when writing crop images.
* DPX input was not recognizing the proper image offset or originalsize.
* oiiotool --fit wasn't padding correctly or modifying offsets properly.
* Build fixes:
* Fix compiler error on MIPS platform.
* Add FIELD3D_HOME description to 'make help'
* Always use the HDF5 release libraries (for Field3D), not the debug ones.
Release 1.2.1 (5 Aug 2013)
* oiiotool: Fix memory leak when processing frame range.
* Docs improvement: full documentation of ImageBufAlgo.
* oiiotool --help now returns a success error code, not a failure.
* oiiotool: fix incorrect help message about --ociolook.
* oiiotool: Fix typo in "oiio:Colorspace" attribute name that interfered
with correct color space conversion in --colorconvert.
* Many fixes for compiler warnings on various platforms: fmath_test.cpp,
field3dinput.cpp, sysutil.cpp, argparse.cpp, oiiotool.cpp.
* Fixes problems on little-endian architecture with texture3d.cpp.
* Fix compilation problems on architectures with gcc, but no 'pause'
* Fix build search path for correctly finding libopenjpeg 1.5.
* Work around bug in older MSVC versions wherein Filesystem::open needed
to explicitly seek to the beginning of a file.
* Build fixes for FreeBSD.
* Fix testsuite/oiiotool on Windows -- windows shell doesn't expand wildcards.
Release 1.2 (8 July 2013)
Major new features and improvements:
* New oiiotool commands:
--swap Exchanges the top two items on the image stack.
--fit Resize image to fit into a given resolution (keeping aspect).
--ch Select/cull/reorder/add channels within an image.
--chappend Merge two images by appending their color channels.
--chnames Rename some or all of the color channels in an image.
--zover Depth compositing
--cadd Add constant per-channel values to all pixels
--cmul Multiply an imge by a scalar or per-channel constant.
--fillholes Smoothly interpolate for hole filling.
--resample Similar to --resize, but just uses closest pixel lookup.
--clamp Clamp pixel values
--rangeexpand Expand range for certain HDR processing
--rangecompress Compress range for certain HDR processing
--unpremult Divide colors by alpha (un-premultiply).
--premult Multiply colors by alpha.
--kernel Make a convolution kernel using a filter name.
--convolve Convolve two images.
--blur Blur an image.
--unsharp Sharpen an image using an unsharp mask.
--paste Paste one image on another.
--mosaic Create a rectilinear image mosaic.
--transpose Transpose an image (flip along the diagonal axis)
--chsum Sum all channels in each pixel
--cshift Circular shift an image pixels
--fft --ifft Forward and inverse Fourier transform
--colorcount Counts how many pixels are one of a list of colors.
--rangecheck Counts how many pixels fall outside the given range.
--ociolook Apply OpenColorIO "looks"
--autotrim Shrinks pixel data window upon output to trim black edges.
* oiiotool can loop over entire numeric frame ranges by specifying
wildcard filenames such as "foo.#.tif" or "bar.1-10#.exr".
* oiiotool --frames and --framepadding give more explicit control over
frame range wildcards.
* Significant performance improvements when reading and writing images
using the ImageBuf::read and ImageCache::get_pixels interfaces, and in
some cases also when using regular ImageInput. This also translates
to improved performance and memory use for oiiotool and maketx.
* At least doubled the performance of maketx for large images when run
on multi-core machines.
* Significant performance improvements when using ImageBuf::Iterator
or ConstIterator to traverse the pixels in an ImageBuf, and the iterators
now support "wrap" modes (black, clamp, periodic, mirror).
* maketx --hicomp does "highlight compensation" by compressing the
HDR value range prior to inter-MIP resizes, then re-expanding the range.
* Field3D writer (it could read f3d files before, but not write them).
* idiff can now compare that are not the same size (treating pixels
beyond the pixel data window is being 0 valued).
* maketx --lightprobe turns a "lightprobe" iamge into a latlong environment
* Significant improvements and fixes to EXIF, IPTC, and XMP metadata
reading and writing.
* Significant thread scalability improvements to TextureSystem and
* Huge overhaul of functionality, style, and performance of the
entire ImageBufAlgo set of functions (see the "Public API changes"
section below, and the imagebufalgo.h file for details).
Public API changes:
* ImageOutput semantics change: If the spec passed to open() has
spec.format set fo UNKNOWN, then select a default data format for the
output file that is "most likely to be able to be read" and/or "most
typical for files of that format in the wild." Also,
ImageOutput::open() will never fail because a requested data format is
unavailable; if the requested format is not supported, a reasonable
alternate will always be chosen.
* ImageBuf has been changed to a "PIMPL" idiom, wherein all the
internals are no longer exposed in the public API. This allows us to
change ImageBuf internals in the future without breaking API or link
compatibility (and thus giving us more freedom to backport important
improvements to prior releases).
* Overhaul of ImageBufAlgo functions: they all take an ROI parameter;
use the DISPATCH macros to make them work with all pixel data types
where practical (previously, many supported float only); use Iterator
rather than getpixel/setpixel, leading to huge speed improvements;
multithread when operating on enough pixels, leading to huge speed
improvements; work on 3D (volume) images where applicable; always
gracefully handle uninitialized dest image or undefined ROI.
* New ImageBufAlgo functions: channels(), channel_append(), mul(),
paste(), zover(), add() and mul() varieties that that add/multiply a
constant amount to all pixels, fillholes_pp(), resample(), clamp(),
rangecompress(), rangeexpand(), make_kernel(), unsharp_mask(),
transpose(), channel_sum(), circular_shift(), fft(), ifft(),
color_count(), color_range_check(), nonzero_region().
[look in imagebufalgo.h for documentation.]
* ImageBufAlgo::make_texture() allows you to do the same thing that
maketx does, but from inside an application and without launching a
shell invocation of maketx. Two varieties exist: one that takes a
filename and reads from disk, another that takes an ImageBuf already
* ImageBuf Iterator/ConstIterator now take "wrap" mode parameters that
allow out-of-range iterators to be able to retrieve valid data. Supported
wrap modes include black, clamp, periodic, and mirror. This simplifies
a lot of algorithms using IB::Iterator, they can now be written to
rely on wrap behavior rather than being cluttered with checks for
"if (it.exits())" clauses.
* ImageBufAlgo::computePixelHashSHA1 has been refactored to take ROI,
a block size, and thread count, and thus can be parallelized with threads.
The block size means that rather than computing a single SHA-1 for all
the pixels, it computes separate (parallel) SHA-1 for each group of
blocksize scanlines, then returns the SHA-1 of all the individual SHA-1
hashed blocks. This is just as strong a hash as before, thought the value
is different than doing the whole thing at once, but by breaking it into
blocks the computation can be multithreaded.
* ImageBuf::swap() makes it easy to swap two ImageBuf's.
* ImageSpec::get_channelformats is now const (and always should have been).
Fixes, minor enhancements, and performance improvements:
* TextureSystem improvements:
* Make sure "black" wrap wins out over "fill" value when they conflict
(looking up an out-of-range channel beyond the pixel data window).
* "mirror" wrap mode was slightly incorrect and has been fixed.
* oiiotool improvements:
* oiiotool -v breaks down timing by individual function.
* oiiotool has been sped up by forcing read of the whole image up front
for reasonably-sized files (instead of relying on ImageCache).
* oiiotool does not write output images if fatal errors have occurred.
* oiiotool --diff: Better error handling, better error printing, and
now it can compare images with differing data windows or channel
numbers ("missing" channels or pixels are presumed to be 0 for the
purposes of comparing).
* oiiotool --resize (and --fit): properly handle the case of resizing
to the same size as the original image.
* oiiotool -d CHAN=TYPE can set the output for just one channel.
* ImageBufAlgo improvements:
* Internal overhaul of IBA::resize to greatly speed it up.
* Improve IBA::resize to handle the image edge better -- instead of
clamping, just don't consider nonexistant pixels.
* More careful selection of filter when resizing (IBA::resize, oiiotool
--resize and --fit, and maketx).
* Fix IBA::paste() error when the foreground image runs off the end of
the background image.
* Bug fix when computing SHA-1 hash of 0-sized images.
* Image format support improvements:
* Bug fix where some format readers (PNM, SGI, and IFF) would leave the
file handle opened if the ImageInput was destroyed without calling
close() first. Now we guarantee that destroying the II always causes
the file to close().
* DPX: output allocation bug fix; properly set pixel aspect ratio for
* IFF: bug fix for endian swap for IFF file input.
* JPEG2000: fix warnings, make sure event manager transfer object
* OpenEXR: when reading, was botching the ordering of per-channel data
* SGI write: bug fix for the case of 15 bpp RLE encoding, was
* Targa: more robust check for presence of alpha channels; bug fix where
R and B channels were reversed for certain kinds of palette images.
* TIFF: Store the orientation flag properly when outputting a TIFF file.
* maketx improvements:
* maketx --chnames allows you to rename the channels when you create a
* maketx bug fixes: incorrect weighting when resizing MIP levels for
latlong environment map images that could make visible artifacts
on some intermediate MIP levels.
* encode_exif() didn't copy the right number of bytes.
* Python bindings: ImageSpec extra_attribs now properly responds to
* Fix bug in sRGB -> linear conversion.
* iv: make pixelview display coordinates & color even when outside the
Build/test system improvements:
* Many fixes to improve builds and eliminate warnings on Windows and MinGW.
* Fix missing InterlockedExchangeAdd64 for Windows XP.
* New make/cmake boags: OIIO_BUILD_TOOLS=0 will exclude building of the
command line tools (just build libraries), OIIO_BUILD_TESTS=0 will
exclude building of unit test binaries.
* Improved matching of testsuite reference images on different platforms.
* Lots of fixes to compiler warnings on newer gcc and clang releases.
* Unit tests for Timer class.
* libOpenImageio/imagespeed_test benchmarks various methods of reading
and writing files and iterating image pixels (to help us know what to
* If OpenSSL is available at build time, OIIO will use its SHA-1
implementation instead of our own (theirs is faster). We still fall
back on ours if OpenSSL is not available or when OIIO is built with
* Allow default the shared library suffix to be overridden with the
CMake variable OVERRIDE_SHARED_LIBRARY_SUFFIX.
* Eliminated all uses of the custom DEBUG symbol, and instead use the
more standard idiom "#ifndef NDEBUG".
* Compatibility fixes for Python3.
* MSVC 2008: Prevent a redefinition error when using boost::shared_ptr.
* Fixes for compatibility with libtiff 4.0.
* Fixes for MSVC debug mode having out-of-bound exceptions.
* Fixes for libjpeg 9.x.
* Compile to treat warnings as errors (you can disable this with
* New filter: "sharp-gaussian".
* Fix various Windows build errors.
* Improvements to the build when finding IlmBase/OpenEXR.
* Various fixes to compile on ARM architecture.
* Fixes to compile on ESA/390 mainframe (!).
* testtex --threadtimes, --trials, --iters, --nodup, --wedge. These
are helpful in using testtext to benchmark the texture system.
* Improvements to make more tests work properly on Windows.
* Improved ASSERT and DASSERT macros to not generate warning for certain
debug compiles; key their debug behavior by the absence of the standard
NDEBUG idiom rather than presence of a custom DEBUG symbol; rename the
message variants ASSERT_MSG and DASSERT_MSG.
* Change the default for Sysutil::memory_used to report resident memory
rather than virtual process size.
* Multithread/parallel version of utility function convert_image().
* imagebufalgo.h improvements and expansion of the various DISPATCH_*
* New Filesystem utilities: parent_path(), get_directory_entries().
* New Strutil utilities: extract_from_list_string
* spinlock tweaks make it faster than TBB's spin locks!
* By default, we no longer build or use TBB (it's considered deprecated,
but in 1.2 can still be turned on with USE_TBB=1).
* In fmath.h, added definitions for safe_inversesqrt, safelog, safe_log2,
* In typedesc.h, added TypeDesc::tostring() function.
* unordered_map_concurrent.h contains a template for a thread-safe
unordered_map that is very efficient even for large number of threads
simultaneously accessing it.
* Documentation: Finally, a chapter in the PDF docs that fully describes
the ImageBuf class.
Release 1.1.13 (24 Jun 2013)