|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / devel / py-pip / distinfo (download)
Revision 1.19, Tue Aug 7 09:56:53 2018 UTC (10 months, 1 week ago) by adam
CVS Tags: pkgsrc-2018Q3-base, pkgsrc-2018Q3
Changes since 1.18: +5 -5
py-pip: updated to 18.0
- Switch to a Calendar based versioning scheme.
- Formally document our deprecation process as a minimum of 6 months of deprecation
- Adopt and document NEWS fragment writing style.
- Switch to releasing a new, non bug fix version of pip every 3 months.
Deprecations and Removals
- Remove the legacy format from pip list.
- Dropped support for Python 3.3.
- Remove support for cleaning up #egg fragment postfixes.
- Remove the shim for the old get-pip.py location.
For the past 2 years, it's only been redirecting users to use the newer
- Introduce a new --prefer-binary flag, to prefer older wheels over newer source packages.
- Improve autocompletion function on file name completion after options
which have ``<file>``, ``<dir>`` or ``<path>`` as metavar.
- Add support for installing PEP 518 build dependencies from source.
- Improve status message when upgrade is skipped due to only-if-needed strategy.
- Update pip's self-check logic to not use a virtualenv specific file and honor cache-dir.
- Remove compiled pyo files for wheel packages.
- Speed up printing of newly installed package versions.
- Restrict install time dependency warnings to directly-dependant packages.
Warning about the entire package set has resulted in users getting confused as
to why pip is printing these warnings.
- Improve handling of PEP 518 build requirements: support environment markers and extras.
- Remove username/password from log message when using index with basic auth.
- Remove trailing os.sep from PATH directories to avoid false negatives.
- Fix "pip wheel pip" being blocked by the "don't use pip to modify itself" check.
- Disable pip's version check (and upgrade message) when installed by a different package manager.
This works better with Linux distributions where pip's upgrade message may
result in users running pip in a manner that modifies files that should be
managed by the OS's package manager.
- Check for file existence and unlink first when clobbering existing files during a wheel install.
- Improve error message to be more specific when no files are found as listed in as listed in PKG-INFO.
- Always read ``pyproject.toml`` as UTF-8. This fixes Unicode handling on Windows and Python 2.
- Fix a crash that occurs when PATH not set, while generating script location warning.
- Disallow packages with ``pyproject.toml`` files that have an empty build-system table.
- Update CacheControl to 0.12.5.
- Update certifi to 2018.4.16.
- Update distro to 1.3.0.
- Update idna to 2.7.
- Update ipaddress to 1.0.22.
- Update pkg_resources to 39.2.0 (via setuptools).
- Update progress to 1.4.
- Update pytoml to 0.1.16.
- Update requests to 2.19.1.
- Update urllib3 to 1.23.
- Document how to use pip with a proxy server.
- Document that the output of pip show is in RFC-compliant mail header format.
$NetBSD: distinfo,v 1.19 2018/08/07 09:56:53 adam Exp $
SHA1 (pip-18.0.tar.gz) = 337f4694bfcd4d698d9b02b38a7520fabc42a1d9
RMD160 (pip-18.0.tar.gz) = ccb38f5c23bbf1d8c583f25565af5b614772ca94
SHA512 (pip-18.0.tar.gz) = 51b8708756a8cbe5ca284fa09908d4acf1127493e4b645f2756ae55e4afd5dec619a017cedb695a044aa24a377909810a1caea4242bb3dc475bfe3435fcaa1bc
Size (pip-18.0.tar.gz) = 1249656 bytes