|File: [cvs.NetBSD.org] / pkgsrc / cross / avr-binutils / patches / Attic / patch-ah (download)
Revision 1.3, Wed Aug 7 02:41:30 2013 UTC (9 years, 3 months ago) by mef
CVS Tags: pkgsrc-2016Q4-base, pkgsrc-2016Q4, pkgsrc-2016Q3-base, pkgsrc-2016Q3, pkgsrc-2016Q2-base, pkgsrc-2016Q2, pkgsrc-2016Q1-base, pkgsrc-2016Q1, pkgsrc-2015Q4-base, pkgsrc-2015Q4, pkgsrc-2015Q3-base, pkgsrc-2015Q3, pkgsrc-2015Q2-base, pkgsrc-2015Q2, pkgsrc-2015Q1-base, pkgsrc-2015Q1, pkgsrc-2014Q4-base, pkgsrc-2014Q4, pkgsrc-2014Q3-base, pkgsrc-2014Q3, pkgsrc-2014Q2-base, pkgsrc-2014Q2, pkgsrc-2014Q1-base, pkgsrc-2014Q1, pkgsrc-2013Q4-base, pkgsrc-2013Q4, pkgsrc-2013Q3-base, pkgsrc-2013Q3
Changes since 1.2: +10 -8
(was not to install libiberty) .. removed
(was not to install-recursive under opcodes) .. removed
Added comments (all are as 'Avoid installing info').
Added installing libbfd.so libbfd.a bfd.h for simulavr.
Installs libiberty.a as avr/lib/libiberty.a
Installs ansidecl.h and symcat.h for simulavr
Bump Version 2.19.1 to 2.23.2
Changes in 2.23:
* Add support for the VLE extension to the PowerPC architecture.
* Add support for x64 Windows target of the delayed-load-library.
* Add support for the Renesas RL78 architecture.
Changes in 2.22:
* Add support for displaying the contents of .debug.macro sections.
* Add --preprocessor-arg option to windres to specify additional options
passed to preprocessor.
* Add --dwarf-start and --dwarf-end to readelf and objdump. These are used by
the new Emacs mode, see dwarf-mode.el.
* Add support for the Tilera TILEPro and TILE-Gx architectures.
changes in 2.21:
* Add --interleave-width option to objcopy to allowing copying a range of
bytes from the input to the output with the --interleave option.
* Add support for the TMS320C6000 (TI C6X) processor family.
* Readelf can now display ARM unwind tables (.ARM.exidx / .ARM.extab) using
the -u / --unwind option.
* Add --dyn-syms to readelf to dump dynamic symbol table.
* A new tool - elfedit - has been added to directly manipulate ELF format
* Add to dlltool .def file feature of aliasing PE internal symbol name by
'== <ID>' option.
* Add a new command line option -a / --addresses to addr2line to display the
address before function name or source filename.
* Add a new command line option -p / --pretty-print to addr2line to have
a more human readable output.
* The hppa/som targets can now be compiled on any host.
Changes in 2.20:
* Add support for delay importing to dlltool. Use the --output-delaylib <file>
switch to create a delay-import library. The resulting app will load the dll
as soon as the first function is called. It will link to __delayLoadHelper2()
from the static delayimp library, which will import LoadLibraryA and
GetProcAddress from kernel32.
* Add a new command line option, --insn-width=WIDTH, to objdump to specify
number of bytes to be displayed on a single line when disassembling
* Readelf can now display the relocated contents of a section as a sequence
of bytes via the --relocated-dump=<name|number> command line option.
* The gprof program has been given a new command line option:
--external-symbols-table=<filename> which reads in symbols from a specified
* The plugin target has been added to bfd. It can load the same shared objects
used by gold and uses them to provide basic support for new file formats.
* The verilog memory hex dump file format is now supported as an output format
* Add --file-alignment, --heap, --image-base, --section-alignment,
--stack and --subsystem command line options to objcopy, which will
set PE optional header.
* Option --dwarf/-W of objdump is now as flexible as readelf --debug-dump/-w.
* --as-needed now links in a dynamic library if it satisfies undefined
symbols in regular objects, or in other dynamic libraries. In the
latter case the library is not linked if it is found in a DT_NEEDED
entry of one of the libraries already linked.
* Added --prefix=PREFIX and --prefix-strip=LEVEL switches to objdump to
add absolute paths for -S.
* Add new option --use-nul-prefixed-import-tables to dlltool to allow fall-
back to old import table generation with null element prefix.
* Added --identify-strict switch to cause --identify <implib> to
report an error when the import library is associated with
* Added --identify <implib> option to dlltool, which determines the
name of the DLL associated with the specified <implib>.
* Support for PowerPC booke64 instructions has been removed. The assembler no
longer accepts -mbooke32 or -mbooke64 and the disassembler no longer accepts
-Mbooke32 or -Mbooke64. Instead, -mbooke and -Mbooke should be used.